With BT ceasing the supply of ISDN and PSTN services by 2020 (the other major carriers already have) and withdrawing them completely by 2025, any firms still using these legacy technologies must now look to replace them.
As many companies are converging their voice and data networks to a single IP-based infrastructure to benefit from the simplified management, improved network utilisation, greater operational efficiencies and cost savings that this provides, SIP trunking offers an excellent alternative to traditional voice services.
As well as laying the foundations for a future-proof solution that supports Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC), businesses migrating to a SIP solution also enjoy enhanced resilience and business continuity options, as well as free on-net calls between company sites.
When migrating to SIP there are a number of options to consider – what may be the best solution for one company may not be a perfect fit for another. Whether you’re a small UK company operating from a single site, a mid-sized firm with a handful of offices and possibly some remote workers, or a large multinational organisation with more complex requirements, we can tailor the ideal solution for you.
- We are independent, partnering with the best carriers to provide a fast, reliable service.
- We have years of experience in designing and deploying SIP solutions and migrations for companies of all shapes and sizes, both in the UK and overseas.
- We have a range of solutions, both hosted and on-premise, to suit every possible requirement.
- For international deployments, we can even bill clients in the local currency if needed.
- Our UK-based Service team are highly trained and really care…going the extra mile to deliver outstanding support to each and every one of our clients.
Regardless of any compelling events which may prompt firms to consider move to SIP – such as the imminent ISDN switch-off, or perhaps an office move or the opening of a new site – there are numerous other reasons why so many companies are embracing this change sooner rather than later:
- Reduced costs: cheaper than ISDN
- Free inter-site calls
- Flexible number routing
- Greater resilience with diverse routing options for business continuity
- More efficient network utilisation
- Simpler to manage
- Ability to retain existing phone numbers when relocating
- Enhanced functionality to support UCC, flexible/remote working etc.
- Quicker and easier to scale (up or down)
Whether you have yet to move to an IP-based voice solution and could do with some expert advice, or are already using VoIP/SIP to carry some or all of your voice traffic and would like to improve any aspects of the service you receive, get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.