THE NEED FOR WHATSAPP COMPLIANCE MONITORING
The last few years have seen explosive growth in the use of encrypted Instant Messaging applications, such as WhatsApp, by commodities traders, brokers and other regulated individuals, and increased adoption of BYOD policies.
With penalties for non-compliance becoming ever more severe, financial services organisations need a compliant WhatsApp recording solution that not only captures and securely archives these communications according to MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, SYSC 10A and other e-comms surveillance monitoring legislation, but which is also GDPR-compliant.
HOW IS WHATSAPP GDPR COMPLIANCE ACHIEVED?
Users can have one single WhatsApp version, where all messages are recorded, OR add a 2nd number for the enterprise WhatsApp account:
- Personal WhatsApp communications remain private
- Business WhatsApp communications are captured and securely archived
- Archive WhatsApp messages for iOS and Android devices
- Works exactly like the standard WhatsApp application
- Same WhatsApp product, same interfaces, same capabilities
- Captures all messaging, including all multimedia communications and attachments, and sends to company archive
- Messages delivered to archive with content, employee email and other message metadata
- Compliant with all relevant e-comm compliance monitoring regulations: MiFID II, GDPR, Dodd-Frank, SYSC 10A etc.
- All messages are archived
- Perfect for corporate devices and BYOD
WHATSAPP CAPTURE & ARCHIVING
Administrators can set per user profiles to limit archiving types, such as Text Only or Text with Multimedia
Administrators can receive “events” when users have installed or updated the application, as well as reports of idle usage
Cannot be installed from App Store/Google Play – will be installed over an MDM/EMM (or side-loaded as Android APK or using an iOS Enterprise developer certificate)
* Recorded WhatsApp media can also be integrated with Soteria™ via API for real-time surveillance monitoring & alerts, advanced search & analytics, and consolidated archiving with all other forms of voice and e-communications
Contact us on 020 3869 2442 or via the form below for more details or to arrange a free trial