THE NEED FOR WHATSAPP COMPLIANCE MONITORING
The last few years have seen explosive growth in the use of encrypted Instant Messaging applications, such as WhatsApp and WeChat, by commodities traders, brokers and other regulated individuals, and increased adoption of BYOD policies.
With penalties for non-compliance becoming ever more severe, financial services organisations need a compliant WhatsApp recording solution that not only captures and securely archives these communications according to MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, SYSC 10A and other e-comms surveillance monitoring legislation, but which is also GDPR-compliant.
Data privacy is particularly important to consider when staff are using their personal mobile devices for business purposes. In these cases, how do you ensure all business communications are captured without also recording personal communications and invading employee privacy?
HOW IS WHATSAPP GDPR COMPLIANCE ACHIEVED?
Users can have one single WhatsApp version, where all messages are recorded, OR add a 2nd number for the enterprise WhatsApp account:
- Personal WhatsApp communications remain private
- Business WhatsApp communications are captured and securely archived
- Archive WhatsApp messages for iOS and Android devices
- WhatsApp Mobile AND Web (desktop) versions – no change in user experience
- Works exactly like the standard WhatsApp application
- Same WhatsApp product, same interfaces, same capabilities
- Captures all messaging, including all multimedia communications and attachments, which can be archived within the solution environment or routed directly to the existing company archiving set up.
- Messages delivered to archive with content, employee email and other message metadata
- Compliant with all relevant e-comm compliance monitoring regulations: MiFID II, GDPR, Dodd-Frank, SYSC 10A etc.
- All messages are archived